With a legacy of manufacturing innovation and reputation as the most dynamic tech ecosystem in Canada, Waterloo has become a global leader in robotics and automation. We are strategically located in the heart of Canada’s biggest manufacturing corridor with access to 187+ million consumers within a one-day drive. Waterloo has the talent pipeline and expertise needed to help robotics and automation companies grow and succeed.
Here is Waterloo’s robotics and automation ecosystem in a nutshell:
What are our robotics and automation ecosystem advantages?
As the largest robotics and automation cluster in Canada, Waterloo offers exceptional advantages for robotics and automation companies. Your company can:
- Build partnerships in our collaborative community. Our world-class tech and manufacturing ecosystems drive cutting-edge robotics and automation processes.
- Commercialize research in our entrepreneurial tech ecosystem, which has one of the highest densities of corporate innovation labs in the world.
- Tap into our exceptional talent pipeline with our top post-secondary institutions, including the University of Waterloo, which is the #1 Engineering school in Canada and ranked #25 in the world in Computer Science.
What major robotics and automation players are located here?
Numerous robotics and automation companies are located in Waterloo, all of them innovative leaders in our ecosystem:
- Deep Trekker
- ATS Automation
- Eclipse Automation
- Clearpath Robotics
- Teledyne Dalsa
What organizations support the robotics and automation industry?
Waterloo’s industry support organizations and research hubs accelerate autotech success, and include:
- SMART Centre – The SMART Centre, located at Conestoga College, is a regional hub for applied research to support manufacturing enterprises. It is a crucial driver of innovation and commercialization in Waterloo’s manufacturing and automation sectors.
- Waterloo AI Institute – A joint venture between the University of Waterloo’s faculties of engineering and mathematics, the Waterloo AI Institute unites more than 200 researchers working to advance AI innovation. The multidisciplinary research teams at the AI Institute develop intelligent systems in a broad array of areas, including robotics and automation.
- Waterloo RoboHub – The RoboHub is a state-of-the-art robotics and automation research centre with a world-renowned team of researchers that are working to revolutionize manufacturing and robotics technologies.