The University of Waterloo itself has a longstanding reputation for security innovation, including playing a key role in developing elliptic curve cryptography and a leadership role in quantum cryptography.
Here is Waterloo’s Cybersecurity ecosystem in a nutshell:
What are our cybersecurity ecosystem advantages?
Waterloo is Canada’s 4th largest cybersecurity hub. What advantages does Waterloo hold over other regions?
- Secure your company’s future in Waterloo, the only community in the world with centres for quantum theory, experimentation and commercialization in close proximity.
- Fuel your talent pipeline, with Canada’s renowned tech-talent and world class post-secondary institutions, including the University of Waterloo, which incorporates cybersecurity directly into its computer science programs.
- Build partnerships in Waterloo’s dynamic tech and manufacturing ecosystems, where security is vital to all operations.
What major cybersecurity players are located here?
Waterloo houses numerous companies working in cybersecurity, including:
- Artic Wolf
- Oracle NetSuite
- Escrypt (Bosch)
What organizations support our cybersecurity industry?
Waterloo’s cybersecurity ecosystem is fueled by its world-class technical talent and access to amazing research institutions such as:
- Cybersecurity & Privacy Institution – At the CPI, ICT research is used to improve information security and human privacy and streamline the robust cybersecurity network in Waterloo.
- University of Waterloo RBC Cybersecurity Lab – The RBC Cybersecurity Lab develops advanced cybersecurity and privacy tools and facilitates collaboration between leading mathematical science researchers at the University of Waterloo and RBC security officers.
Download our Cybersecurity Feature Sheet now.